debugging R

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Sat Mar 20 22:46:45 CET 2004

GDB (and GUD, I believe) are for debugging _compiled_ code.  R code is
_interpreted_.  GDB can be used to debug R itself, or C/Fortran code
dynamically loaded into R.  For debugging R code, you can start by reading
?debug and/or ?browser.  There's a `debug' package on CRAN that offers more
debugging facilities.

HTH,
Andy