Syntax highliting in ESS

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Jun 28 19:03:01 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:53:56AM -0600, Steven McKay Curtis wrote:
> I am a newbie to ESS and Emacs, and I was a little disappointed by the syntax
> highlighting.  The only thing that seems to change colors/fonts is the <-
> symbol.  Do I have ESS configured wrong?  Or is there some way to customize the
> syntax highlighting so that other symbols and function names are highlighted?

Well, it works for me out of the box under GNU Emacs 21. I assume that
the buffer in question is in ESS mode and that you have enabled
font-lock-mode (M-x font-lock-mode). I have no idea why you only get
<- fontified?
--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen