help with error in init.el

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at post.its.mcw.edu
Fri Jul 2 16:16:09 CEST 2004

>I´m trying to install ESS + XEmacs with R, following the instructions of
>John Foxmin its .pdf document "An introduction to ESS+XEmacs. for
>WIndows Users of R"
>When I launch XEmacs software the error message is:
>"An error has occurred while loading c:\Documents and
>Settings\Administrador\.xemacs\init.el:
>
>Symbol's function definition is void: ad-add-advice
>
>To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause of the error
>in your initialization file and remove it.  Use the `-debug-init' option
>to XEmacs to view a complete error backtrace."
>
>Any suggestion will be welcomed,
>Regrets,

ad-add-advice is loaded from xemacs-base which means that it comes
from the sumo xemacs-packages.  Make sure that you have those installed
otherwise you will be in for alot of grief in many ways besides just ESS.

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research
rsparapa at mcw.edu              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do