[ESS] Breaking an S process

Tiago R Magalhaes tiago17 at socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Dec 28 20:25:43 CET 2004

Hi

I am a recent user of Xemacs and ESS. I am having a problem and I was
wondering if someone can help. I'm using xemacs 21.4.15 and Ess 5.2.3
in a Mac OS 10.3.7 running inside an X11 server.

My basic question is: how can I stop an R process. I know of C-g, C-c
C-c but that doesn't seem to work in at least one occasion where I
have been needing it a lot:

if I create an x=data.frame(1:15000) and I type x, I get all 15000
values (obviously...)
I have tried to stop it by C-c C-c but from the first C-c I get a
message saying:
Fontifying *R* (regexps) with a bar that has a button stop.

This freezes the iESS that I can unfreeze by C-g. But lower
"fontifying" remains there.

Thanks for any help

Tiago Magalhaes