command line arguments to R

Pierre Kleiber pkleiber at honlab.nmfs.hawaii.edu
Wed Aug 4 21:01:58 CEST 2004

Stephen Eglen wrote:
>  > Ok, something is not working.  Do you see "R-1.9.1-my" in the "ESS ->
>  > Start Process -> Other" menu?  (Check that R-1.9.1-my is executable
>  > from the command line on its own, i.e. executable bit set).
>  >
>  > If you can't do M-x R-1.9.1-my from the command line, it won't work
>  > with the -f switch from the command line.  I just tried the following,
>  > which worked:

[...]

I just got it to work too.  Key was getting  "R-1.9.1" in the name of the
shell script.

> p.s. all of this seems somewhat like a hack.  I'm wondering whether we
> should have an extra var for people to pass arguments they use often?

Yes... I'd vote for that.
  Thanks for you help.   Cheers, Pierre

Pierre Kleiber, Ph.D       Email: pkleiber at honlab.nmfs.hawaii.edu
Fishery Biologist                     Tel: 808 983-5399/737-7544
NOAA FISHERIES - Honolulu Laboratory         Fax: 808 983-2902
2570 Dole St., Honolulu, HI 96822-2396