meaning of + sign followed by prompt

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Fri Apr 2 01:05:24 CEST 2004

Sebastian Luque <sluque at mun.ca> writes:

> Dear list members,
>
> I'm using ESS+Emacs and don't understand why I'm getting this
> message. The '+' sign followed by the prompt '>' is displayed after
> sending a line from the editor to R. I'm getting this message when
> sending one particular command to R, assigning a function to an
> object. The odd thing is that everything seems to be fine except for
> this message; the object correctly assigned the result of the function
> to the object. I'm working with dozens of very similar assignments
> (they have the same structure), but it's only with this particular one
> that the message appears. I could just move on, since it's not
> affecting the final product, but this may be a sign of some
> inconsistency. I'd greatly appreciate any clues as to what the problem
> might be (although there's none superficially!).

Unless you tell us the EXACT line, we'll never be able to figure it
out.  Sounds like something is throwing a continuation, hence the
continuation prompt.

What happens outside of ESS?  (as if anyone could ever imagine doing
that :-).

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}