Watch pointer when entering commands

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon Sep 22 21:59:39 CEST 2003

"Enos, Jeff" <Jeff.Enos at geodecapital.com> writes:

> I am currently using ESS 5.1.24 with R 1.7.1 under emacs 21.3.1 (solaris
> 2.8).  I am experiencing a result similar to one described on the ess-help
> list a year ago in a thread started by Matthew Wiener.  After entering an R
> command that takes some time to complete, emacs displays a "watch" pointer
> and disallows switching between buffers.  Under emacs 20.x.x, I have found
> that it is possible to enter further commands into the *R* buffer that are
> executed once the initial command has completed.
>
> Has anyone revisited this issue, found a different workaround, or deemed
> this change due to changes in emacs?  Any insight would be much appreciated.

I'm not seeing this (but only have XEmacs readily available, wait a
few days for Emacs), but the general approach would be to use C-g to
retrieve control from (X)Emacs (as opposed to C-c C-c which would
reset R).

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}