Line Breaks

bb2 at duke.edu bb2 at duke.edu
Thu Jun 26 17:30:07 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I've recently migrated from Splus 2000 (Windows) to R on Mac OSX.  In
the process, I've begun using Xemacs and ESS to work in R.  As a
result, I have moved my old .ssc files to this new environment
(burned them to a cd and moved them onto my new computer).  When I
open the .ssc files in Xemacs, there is a "^M" at the end of each
line.  I can scroll through the file deleting each "^M" but this is
very slow.

How can I easily remove these with Xemacs or avoid the entire problem
to begin with?

Similarly, I use winBugs on Virtual Windows and when I paste text
from winBugs into Xemacs (running on OSX), I have the same problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Brian