Problem starting ESS for S-Plus 6 on Windows XP

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu Jun 12 18:22:09 CEST 2003

You probably need to read the instructions for installing and using it
under windows (which suggests that M-x S is _NOT_ the way to go).
While R is nearly identical with ESS on all platforms, S-PLUS is
definitely not.

(unfortunately, I still don't have easy access to a windows box to
check this right now)

best,
-tony