ESS and R

Fohr, Marc [AM] marc.fohr at first-private.de
Thu Jul 10 11:03:31 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am running R under Windows XP for the moment. The editor I am currently
running is RGUI. The major inconvenient is that input and output are
generated in the same window. Many R-users have given me the advice to use
ESS. However, before installing the software ESS under Windows XP, I am
looking to get an answer to the following questions:

a) How do I run R under ESS? How do I have to link both programmes? How do I
switch off RGUI? Do I have to?
b) If I am also running LaTex, is it possible to run it besides R?
c) Can ESS easily be uninstalled?
d) How do I get an input and output window under ESS? How do I run R in the
one window, to see the result in another?
e) What will happen to the graphics produced by R?
f) Any problems when printing under Windows XP?
g) Any other problems with Windows XP?
h) Where can I find all the shortcuts I need for ESS?

Thank a lot for your help!!!

Regards

Marc