Setting up ESS for Win2000--and generally using *nix tools on Windows

Jim_Garrett at bd.com Jim_Garrett at bd.com
Fri Jan 3 23:08:20 CET 2003

Here is my .emacs file:

(load "c:\\program files\\emacs\\ess-5.1.24\\lisp\\ess-site.el")
(setq-default inferior-R-program-name "c:/Program
Files/R/rw1061/bin/rterm.exe")

The only *nix tools I've installed so far (not counting emacs :^)) are
gzip, gunzip, and tar (from the Free Software Foundation).  So "shell"
would have to be the "DOS" shell that Win2k offers.

Installing bash sounds like a great idea.  I'll look into that (I use it at
home).

I don't see either gnuclient or gnuclientw in Task Manager's list of
processes.

-Jim

Rich Heiberger <rmh at sbm.temple.edu> on 01/03/2003 04:34:33 PM