Setting up ESS for Win2000

Jim_Garrett at bd.com Jim_Garrett at bd.com
Fri Jan 3 21:28:47 CET 2003

Oops, I've encountered another problem.  I was indeed able to start R, but
when I quit R, emacs froze.  After a little experimentation, this seems to
occur only after I have created a plot in a graphics window.  (And even
after I've closed the window.)

Specifically, I was running R fine, I created a plot, and I closed the plot
window (I did this with every means I could think of:  dev.off, going
through the graphics window's file menu, and simply clicking on the "close
window" Windows icon).  Then I entered "q()", entered "n" at the "Save
workspace image?" prompt, and then emacs hung.

This does not happen if I have never created a plot.

Thanks for all help.

-Jim

Jim_Garrett at bd.com@stat.math.ethz.ch on 01/03/2003 03:13:59 PM

Sent by:  ess-help-admin at stat.math.ethz.ch