Setting up ESS for Win2000

Jim_Garrett at bd.com Jim_Garrett at bd.com
Fri Jan 3 19:49:09 CET 2003

I'm having trouble getting ESS to work properly on a Windows 2000 system.
Specifically, when I try to start R, I get the message

     Searching for program: no such file or directory, Rterm

My path statement includes a path to Rterm.exe and I've verified that I can
start Rterm from a DOS shell (and not starting from the Rterm's directory).

I'm using GNU Emacs 21.2.1.  I haven't edited any configuration files
(aside from .emacs, or rather _emacs).  I will be happy to supply any
additional information.  I'm fairly new to emacs, or at least configuring
emacs, so requests or suggestions may need to be rather explicit if I am to
follow them.

Thanks for any help.  I'm looking forward to getting to know this package
much better.

Jim Garrett
Becton Dickinson Diagnostic Systems
Baltimore, Maryland, USA