calling Splus 6 help from within emacs etc.

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 21 15:29:11 CET 2003

    tony> Faheem Mitha <faheem at email.unc.edu> writes:
    >> Good grief. Proprietary software vendors... :-)

    tony> No comment.

    >> Yes, the archives are at
    >> ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Mail-archives/ess-help/, at
    >> least up to the end of 2002. (The list seems to have been
    >> pretty quiet recently.) It would be good to have a link
    >> to this from the official home page,
    >> http://software.biostat.washington.edu/statsoft/ess/.

    tony> Will do this week, thanks!

Please don't (or replace it if you did)!!
The above are the old archives of the time when we used
majordomo.

I returned yesterday from a nice vacation in the mountains and
-- still being in vaction but at home-- am catching up on the
e-mail flood.

Since ESS-help has been moved to mailman,
you should link to

    tony> Faheem Mitha <faheem at email.unc.edu> writes:
    >> Good grief. Proprietary software vendors... :-)

    tony> No comment.

    >> Yes, the archives are at
    >> ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Mail-archives/ess-help/, at
    >> least up to the end of 2002. (The list seems to have been
    >> pretty quiet recently.) It would be good to have a link
    >> to this from the official home page,
    >> http://software.biostat.washington.edu/statsoft/ess/.

    tony> Will do this week, thanks!

Please don't (or replace it if you did)!!
The above are the old archives of the time when we used
majordomo.

I returned yesterday from a nice vacation in the mountains and
-- still being in vaction but at home-- am catching up on the
e-mail flood.

Since ESS-help has been moved to mailman,
you should link to
    http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/ess-help
(and yes, it will be "https" and you need to accept the security certificate).