Spawning child argument: invalid argument

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com
Tue Feb 11 04:28:04 CET 2003

Hi,
   I just installed ESS 5.1.24 with GNU emacs 21.2 on Windows 2000.
Starting R-1.6.2 is not a problem (`M-x R') but when I do the equivalent
for S-PLUS 6.1 (`M-x Sqpe+6') I get the following error in the minibuffer:

Spawning child argument: invalid argument

Searching the emacs ng I saw this may have to do with using bash (cygwin
tools), which I use as my shell in emacs. I'm afraid I don't know the
internals of emacs well enough to fix this problem on my own. I've used
S+6 in the past with ess but on earlier versions of both ess and emacs
but never had this problem.

Regards,
Sundar