Scrolling

Pascal A. Niklaus Pascal.Niklaus at unibas.ch
Mon Dec 22 19:27:37 CET 2003

Rich Heiberger wrote:

>how do you submit the code?
>C-c C-n  (one line at a time) causes scrolling.
>C-c C-r  (highlighted region) does not cause scrolling
>
>What I do to force scrolling is define f4 to scroll with
>(require 'view)
>(global-set-key [f4] 'View-scroll-to-buffer-end)
>
>then press f4 when I want a full screen with the last line at the
>bottom of the visible area.
>
>Rich

I submit the whole buffer with C-c C-b.

ESS developers: Can that be changed? It would be nice if the other
functions also would scroll so that "the end" is visible. IMHO, the
current behaviour is probably never what one wants. And if one has to
scroll manually, scrolling back is as easy as scrolling forward.

Pascal