Problem on Xemacs

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Sun Dec 7 17:48:49 CET 2003

On 12/07/03 10:35, Suchandra Thapa wrote:
>I'm using the Xemacs 21.4.14 on a Fedora Core 1 system.  When I load the
>ess 5.1.20beta2 code or the 5.1.24 code, I get the following error:
>
>Fontifying region...(wrong-argument-type markerp nil)

I use Xemacs also on Fedora Core 1 (actually the beta just before
Core 1, but I've done a lot of upgrading).  I'm using
xemacs-21.4.14-2.rpm
which I must have gotten from the Fedora ftp site, which seems to
be redhat.secsup.org.  (Now that site had version 21.4.14-3.)

I also use xemacs-sumo-20031003-3 (still the latest) and in my
init.el file I have
(require 'ess-site)

In other words, I use the version of ess that comes with xemacs
(even though it isn't the latest, I think).

I have no problems.

But this error looks like it may arise from something else that
you are trying to do.  You might take a look at your init.el
file, if the error persists.

Jon
Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron