SAS function keys

Kasper Daniel Hansen K.Hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Aug 11 12:43:22 CEST 2003

Hi

I'm trying to get the function keys to work in ESS(SAS) mode. Im using KDE
under Redhat 8 and using ssh to login remoteky to the server running SAS. On
that server I start an emacs.

In the ess-site.el file everything is commented (as it was originally). In my
~/.emacs file I have used

;; ESS
(load "~sfesys/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-site")
(setq ess-sas-global-unix-keys t)
(setq ess-sas-submit-command "sas82")

( On our system we have two sas commands availble "sas" (sas v612) and "sas82"
(sas v82). )

The function keys do not work and when using ess-sas-submit / ess-sas-goto-log
I see that ESS have used the "sas" command, instead of the "sas82" command.
It seems that the definitions in my .emacs file are ignored. Any suggestions?

--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen