indent-new-comment-line

Setzer.Woodrow at epamail.epa.gov Setzer.Woodrow at epamail.epa.gov
Mon Apr 14 21:23:01 CEST 2003

Until yesterday, I happily used ESS in FSF emacs 21.2.1 under Windows
2000, when I decided to try XEmacs.  I have XEmacs installed, and ESS
(downloaded and installed with the XEmacs installer) enabled.  On
difference between the two installations troubles me.  In FSF emacs, if
I am typing a comment in R and type M-j, the line breaks at the point,
and a new comment is started on the next line, along with the
appropriate number of "#" characters and appropriate indentation.  In
the XEmacs setup, the line breaks, indentation is the same as the
previous line, but there are no comment characters.  No doubt this is
due to some deficiency in my installation.  Can someone tell me how to
fix things so that the XEmacs-ESS combinations treats M-j the same as
the emacs-ESS combination does?  Thanks!

R. Woodrow Setzer, Jr.                        Phone: (919) 541-0128
Experimental Toxicology Division             Fax:  (919) 541-4284
Pharmacokinetics Branch
NHEERL B143-05; US EPA; RTP, NC 27711