ESS+R Win2000 Crash

Rich Heiberger rmh at surfer.sbm.temple.edu
Tue Apr 8 20:35:44 CEST 2003

I use ntemacs all the time and have never seen this crash.
It looks to me like an artifact of something else entirely.
That is, my first guess is that this is unrelated to emacs,
R, or ESS.

Can you reproduce the crash in any consistent way?
Are you using any library() or attach() commands in R to directories
other than those that are provided by the R project?  This could easily
happen if you had, for example, a Fortran subscript out of bounds problem
in the middle of an attached Fortran program that was accessed through R.