Your Response

Danjuma Galadima danjumagaladima at arabia.com
Thu Aug 15 20:11:30 CEST 2002

GREENFIELDS AGRO-ALLIED COMPANY.
10 BROAD STREET,
LAGOS-NIGERIA.

Your Kind Attn.,

BUSINESS PROPOSAL: TRANSFER OF USD13.2 M (THIRTEEN MILLION, TWO HUNDRED
THOUSANDUNITED STATES DOLLARS) & BUSINESS INVESTMENTS
PARTNERSHIP.

First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction,
this is byvirtue of it's nature as being utterly confidential and top
secret as you were introducedto us in confidence through the Nigerian
Chamber of Commerce, foreign trade division.and if the contents of this
mail does meet with your approval, I humbly crave yourindulgence. I am
recently retired as the director of finance of the Federal MinistryOf
Power & Steel (FMP&S).

During my tenure, I was also in charge of the tenders board. The job of
the tendersboard was to access bids made to the FMP&S by foreign and
local contractors forexecution of contracts recommend to the
government for award. In the course of our work at the tenders board, we
recieved a bid of (USD46.8M) from Arab ContractorsCompany of Egypt for
the refurbishing of the six therminal flow stations and the supply
of 27KVA transformers for the south-western part of the country.

The bid was unsually low for the contract in question considering the
other bidswe had gone through. The tenders board then invited them for
an appraisal of theirbid. After the appraisal, we the five members of
the tenders board agreed to recommendthem for the award of the contract
only if they increase thier bid to USD60M. The balance USD13.2M was to
be paid to us (the members of the tenders board)after theexecution of
the contract for us. Not trusting the contractors to live up to their
own part of the bargain, we established the above mentioned company and
had them su-contract the USD13.2M to the company as a sub-contract. The
deed of sub-contractwas perfected by a notary public and copies
circulated to the FMP&S and the central bank of Nigeria (CBN). Arab
contractors have executed the whole contract and have been paid off,
leaving the balance USD13.2M. Considering the
amount of the fund involved we cannot ask the CBN to pay directly into
our local bank account as the bank regulatory bodies will want to know
the directors of the company.

Though I am retired, my other four partners are still in government
employ. I have therefore been mandated as a matter of trust by my
partners to source for a business partner to whom we could transfer
the sum of USD13.2M by drawing up a letter of
domiciliation instructing the concerned government parastatals i.e the
FMP&S and CBN to payinto the partner's account the contractual
entitlement of USD13.2M. You will agree with me that a letter of
domiciliation is an accepted form of doing business worldwide.Should
this transaction interest you, you are to contact me on my personal
e-mail address, so that I can brief you fully, and discuss your
renumeration for this undertaking.All logistics are in place and all
modalities worked out for the smooth conclusion of the transaction
within ten to fourteen days of commencement.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter using my personal E-mail
address.

Yours Faithfuly,

Danjuma Galadima