ESS and R ver 1.3.0/ graph menu/ save PDF

S.McClatchie s.mcclatchie at
Fri Jun 29 06:38:47 CEST 2001

On 28 Jun 01,, A.J. Rossini wrote (re: Re: ESS and R ver 1.3.0/ graph menu/ save PDF):
> This sounds like an R problem, not an ESS problem -- what commands are you
> using from the command-line to make it work?
> Please provide an example (are you doing something like:
>         pdf("filename")
>         plot(x,y)

> best,
> -tony
Thanks for that Tony,

The command line works fine, just as you point out. I was using the
menu bar on the graph which looks the same as the RGui even though I
always use ESS. I guess the simple answer is don't use the Rgui
facilities when you are running R under ESS. Simple enough.

Sam McClatchie, Research scientist (fisheries acoustics))))))))))
NIWA (National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd)
PO Box 14 901, Kilbirnie, Wellington, New Zealand
s.mcclatchie at

                 /// \\\
                //// \\\\

ess-help mailing list -- To (un)subscribe, send
subscribe	or	unsubscribe
(in the "body", not the subject !)  To: ess-help-request at