regression: ESS cannot be compiled

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Mar 6 03:34:04 CET 2016

On 6 March 2016 at 11:15, Norbert Preining wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| On Sat, 05 Mar 2016, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > kpathsea: Running mktexmf ecrm1440
|
| apt-get install texlive-fonts-recommended

BINGO -- once I add that things pass with the new texinfo.tex

| Since 6.0 or so in some circumstances this is necessary, due to the
| usage of T1 encoded fonts. It depends on the texi input file,
| so it is not a strong dependency.
|
| I might add a recommends to texinfo for that, though.

FWIW for r-base itself I appear to have added the depends on
texlive-fonts-recommended in April of 2008 or almost eight years ago.  When
texlive was probably a different beast.

In any event, MANY thanks to Norbert and texinfo upstream. I couldn't have
sorted this out myself. Or at least not quickly ...

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org