ESS, devtools, and documentation

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Oct 29 20:16:53 CET 2014

Yes, obviously.  I only cloned _after_ Martin added me, and I even cloned
_twice_ via https and ssh.

And I wrote the email to tell that while you may think I am set up I am not.

edd at max:~/git/ess$ cat .git/config
[core]
	repositoryformatversion = 0
	filemode = true
	bare = false
	logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
	url = git at github.com:emacs-ess/ESS.git
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/master
edd at max:~/git/ess$ git push
ERROR: Permission to emacs-ess/ESS.git denied to eddelbuettel.

and the repository exists.
edd at max:~/git/ess$

I don't mean to whine or to make work here.  But we we currently have serves
noone, so something should change.  We just leaving the org may be the
simplest, i just don't want to come across as rude...

Thanks as always for ESS which I use pretty much every day.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org