still no SAS [forwarded message from Dale Steele]

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 14 22:02:27 CEST 2008

    DE> FYI -- Dale reported back that a test package I prepared
    DE> (based on current svn ie with my changes) did not work
    DE> for him.  I'm not sure how to fix this as I cannot test
    DE> this. From the looks, it should work --
    DE> /usr/share/ess/etc is the defined location in
    DE> ess-site.el; and that is where the file now is...

    DE> Dirk

Hi Dirk (etc),

I'm back from vacation as of this evening.
Thanks a lot, Dirk for handling things while I was offline!

I've looked at the appended message from Dale Steele,
and the messages he got look a bit suspicious, effectly being
produced by code that I had added only a copule of weeks /
months ago.

Maybe we (ess-debian + D.Steele) can look at it again tomorrow or so?
I neither can test it properly;
on the other hand you can always produce a simple sh-script
named 'SAS' (or 'sas' ?) in your PATH to mimic things.

Regards,
Martin