[BioC] Package "makecdfenv"

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at u.washington.edu
Thu May 22 16:00:10 CEST 2014

Hi Romain,

I am cc'ing the Bioconductor list, which is the primary place to ask
these sorts of questions.

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:46:39 AM, Romain Desert wrote:
> Dear Mr MacDonald,
>
> I curantly work on a custom affymetrix data chip from GEO. To process
> CEL files with the "affy" package on R, I have to create a custom
> package. To this end, I used the "make.cdf.package" function of the
> "makecdfenv" package.
>
> Unfortunately, I am now incapable to install the created package. I
> don't work on linux so I can't use 'R CMD INSTALL'.

This is something I need to fix. You can install the package on
Windows, regardless, using

install.packages(<package name goes here>, repos = NULL, type =
"source")

and since there is no compiled code, it will be installed without
problems.

Best,

Jim

--