[BioC] GViz Annotation Track Stacking

Lance Parsons lparsons at princeton.edu
Mon May 19 17:05:47 CEST 2014

I've recently started using the option to put group labels below the
features in Gviz 1.8.1 AnnotationTracks (just.group="below").  However,
I have noticed that when the label is larger than the feature, the
stacking algorithm does not move the features onto a separate line as it
does when justification is to the left.  See the example photos:

just.group="left": http://imgur.com/VfUN3G0

just.group="below": http://imgur.com/zmRGtxD

I have been putting the labels below since that often makes it clearer
which feature is being labeled (at least in my cases with small
features). I'd be willing to help work on a patch for this, but could
use a little help finding the relevant code.  It'd be great to update
the stacking code to account for label widths below the feature as well
as to have an option to control the spacing when a label is to the left
(or right) of a feature.

--
Lance Parsons - Scientific Programmer
134 Carl C. Icahn Laboratory