[BioC] Mapping gene symbols to gene names (org.Hs.eg.db?)

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Tue May 13 16:18:17 CEST 2014

Hi Tim,

>symbols <- c('JAK1','AATK','A2BP1','A2LD1')
>select(org.Hs.eg.db, symbols, c("ENTREZID","GENENAME"), "ALIAS")
   ALIAS ENTREZID                                          GENENAME
1  JAK1     3716                                    Janus kinase 1
2  AATK     9625              apoptosis-associated tyrosine kinase
3 A2BP1    54715 RNA binding protein, fox-1 homolog (C. elegans) 1
4 A2LD1    87769              gamma-glutamylamine cyclotransferase

Best,

Jim