[BioC] Installation of SomaticSignatures

Julian Gehring julian.gehring at embl.de
Thu May 8 11:11:49 CEST 2014

Hi Sigve,

The problem your are experiencing comes from a problem between R and OS
mavericks.  With mavericks, some basic build tools were changed.  To
make a long story short, that means that R package binaries created with
earlier versions of mac operating systems are not compatible with mavericks.

The 'NMF' package (which comes from CRAN) is still available, but does
not have a binary build for mavericks yet (see
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/NMF/index.html).  I would expect
that this will become available soon.  This is in the hands of the CRAN
repository maintainers, and it seem that waiting is the best strategy.

On the other hand, CRAN has a separate directory with os mavericks
builds.  I'm not sure why they are not linked to the repo or the web
page.  You could give it a try and install

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/contrib/r-release/NMF_0.20.5.tgz

manually.

Best wishes
Julian