[BioC] Error message after mass5calls command MAS5.0 absolute detection

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Tue Mar 18 15:16:29 CET 2014

Hi Amit,

On 3/18/2014 2:54 AM, amit kumar subudhi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get the A/P calls from a Affybatch file but getting the
> below errors.
>
> # read the .cell file from the working directory
> Data= ReadAffy()
>
> To run the AP call algorithm used the command on the AffyBatch file
> Data = mas5calls(Data)
> #The following message is appearing
>
> PAcalls= mas5calls(Data)
> Getting probe level data...
>
> Computing p-values
> Error in FUN(1:43[[1L]], ...) :
>    NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 2)
>
> Can anybody let me know where could be the problem is?

Probably, but you don't give near enough information, particularly what
kind of arrays you are using. If I were to hazard a guess I would bet
that you are using a PM-only array, in which case there is no way to
compute the conventional mas5calls (because without MM probes the
conventional P/A/M calls can't be computed).

IIRC, there is a way to compute something similar, implemented in the
xps package, for the PM-only arrays. But Christian Stratowa would be the
one to say for sure.

And if you are using 3'-biased arrays, please let us know what array,
and the output from sessionInfo().

Best,

Jim

--