[BioC] question on MotifDb package

Paul Shannon paul.thurmond.shannon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:58:58 CET 2014

Hi William,

You are correct:  the stamlab transcription factor binding motifs in MotifDb are not from their 2012 Cell paper (pmid 22959076) but from the Nature paper published at the same time (pmid 22955618):

  "An expansive human regulatory lexicon encoded in transcription factor footprints."

This is corrected in bioc-devel, and will be in the release coming up soon.   I hope, too, to include all of the motif/TF gene mappings alluded to in the paper:

   A total of 394 of the 683 (58%) de novo motifs matched
   distinct experimentally grounded motif models, accounting
   collectively for 90% of all unique entries across the
   three databases [TRANSFAC, JASPAR, UniPROBE).

 - Paul