[BioC] p-values from robust linear model in LIMMA

Arvid Sondén arvid.sonden at gu.se
Thu Jun 5 15:17:10 CEST 2014

Dear Gordon,

Thank you for your answer!

My issue is that I want to use my p-values for filtering, but when using method="ls" (even if using robust=TRUE in eBayes) I get no significant values after adjusting for multiple testing at all. Using the robust method in lmFit however generates a distribution of p-values much closer to what I would expect. It also gives me enough significant genes to work with in the following pathway analysis.

I understand that the p-values I get are not to be trusted if interpreting them as actual p-values, but would you also say that they cannot be used for filtering?

Best regards,
Arvid