[BioC] EdgeR LogCpm and LogFC values calculation

P.D. Moerland p.d.moerland at amc.uva.nl
Fri Jan 31 14:13:39 CET 2014

Dear Koen,

The source code of the function aveLogCPM (included in the package source of the current release version 3.4.2) shows that the function mglmOneGroup needs some additional parameters and other default values than the ones you used:

prior.count <-  2
dispersion <-  0.05
# y is the  matrix of the raw counts
y <- as.matrix(y)
if(is.null(lib.size)) lib.size <- colSums(y)
prior.count.scaled <- lib.size/mean(lib.size) * prior.count
offset <- log(lib.size+2*prior.count.scaled)
abundance <- mglmOneGroup(t(t(y)+prior.count.scaled),dispersion=dispersion,offset=offset)
(abundance+log(1e6)) / log(2)

On a small test dataset this gives me the same values as the AveLogCPM component of a DGELRT object. Could you give this a try?

best,
Perry

---
Perry Moerland, PhD
Room J1B-215
Bioinformatics Laboratory, Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam
Postbus 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
tel: +31 20 5666945
p.d.moerland at amc.uva.nl, http://www.bioinformaticslaboratory.nl/