[BioC] which dispersion to choose

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Jan 28 23:36:29 CET 2014

Dear Kathrin,

We almost always recommend tagwise moderated dispersions, but it is not a
choice between trended and tagwise because the moderation is by default
towards the trend.

Just follow any of the examples in the User's Guide.  Or alternatively use
the shortcut:

   y <- calcNormFactors(y)
   y <- estimateDisp(y)
   plotBCV(y)