[BioC] Design matrix in Combat algorithm

Neagu Matei Stefan [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Wed Jan 22 11:30:33 CET 2014

I am currently trying to use ComBat from sva package in order to eliminate the batch effect from some Ilumina data obtained in an experiment. I have read the article Adjusting batch effects in microarray expression data
using empirical Bayes method,W. EVAN JOHNSON, CHENG LI∗,ARIEL RABINOVIC but I did not understand very well how the elements in matrix X of the model Yijg = αg + Xβg + γig + δigεijg are obtained.
Could you please give me a better insight on this subject?

Thank you very much,
Neagu Matei Stefan

 -- output of sessionInfo():

R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Romanian_Romania.1250  LC_CTYPE=Romanian_Romania.1250
[3] LC_MONETARY=Romanian_Romania.1250 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=Romanian_Romania.1250

attached base packages:

Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.