[BioC] help with analysis of genotyping data from Illumina HumanOmni5-4v1_B chip

Stephanie M. Gogarten sdmorris at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 14 22:54:07 CET 2014

Hi Abhi,

1. The GWASTools package was designed for QC of precalled array data.
See the "Data Cleaning" vignette for a recommended workflow.  You might
also want to look at Laurie et al 2010 in Genetic Epidemiology
(10.1002/gepi.20516), as the vignette implements the QC methods
described therein.

2. I usually get the annotation file from Illumina (it would probably be
called HumanOmni5-4v1_B.csv).  Your collaborators may have this file, or
you could register with Illumina's website to download it.  It has rsID,
chromosome, position, alleles, and probe sequences.

3. I don't know of a good way at the moment, but "export GWASTools
objects as VCF" is going on my to-do list.  I recently used the un-slick
way of PLINK file -> load in PLINK/SEQ -> export VCF.  You might also
try creating a VariantAnnotation object from your data and using the
writeVcf method.

Stephanie