[BioC] EdgeR for proteomics data

Ryan rct at thompsonclan.org
Tue Jan 14 17:38:29 CET 2014

Hi,

As mentoined in the help text for calcNormFactors, the TMM
normalization method is described in the paper "A scaling normalization
method for differential expression analysis of RNA-seq data" by
Robinson & Oshlack. The best way to familiarize yourself with this
method would be to read the paper:
http://genomebiology.com/2010/11/3/r25

For what it's worth, one of my colleagues used edgeR on some proteomic
data and decided that the default normalization strategy was not
suitable for his data. I don't remember exactly what he ended up using
instead.

-Ryan Thompson