[BioC] DESeq

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Fri Aug 22 19:57:50 CEST 2014

HI,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM, cbpp300 [guest] <guest at bioconductor.org> wrote:
> when I am trying to install DESeq I get this message
> package â EURO ~DESeqâ EURO (tm) is not available (for R version 3.1.1)
> if I go through biocLite it says AnnotateDbi cannot be updated. please do help

The transcript of your entire installation attempts would be more
helpful (ie. copy and paste your entire output from the R console).

Seeing exactly how you try to install DESeq and the error message, as
well as exact error message from the AnnotateDbi update is required to
help.

My guess is you have some permissions restriction on the directory
that AnnotateDbi is installed in.

-steve

>  -- output of sessionInfo():
>
> R version 3.1.1 (2014-07-10)
> Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
>
> locale:
>  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C               LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8     LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
>  [6] LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8    LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C                  LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
> [11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
>
> attached base packages:
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] BiocInstaller_1.14.2

> [1] tools_3.1.1