[BioC] total count filter cutoff

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Wed Apr 30 21:23:45 CEST 2014

Dear Mahnaz,

Total count filtering and mean count filtering are equivalent, since
the only difference is a constant factor (dividing by number of
samples), so the mean count filter demonstrated in the genefilter
vignette corresponds to your question.

If you are expecting the vignette to simply give you a specific number
to use a as a cutoff, that's not possible, because the threshold
depends on the data. I suggest that you adapt the R code in this
vignette to your data in order to choose an appropriate cutoff.

-Ryan