[BioC] problem with \"readCufflinks\"

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Mon Apr 21 06:50:57 CEST 2014

Hi Peng,

----- Original Message -----

By the way, sessionInfo() is an R command that gives information about your version of R, operating system, and installed packages. Including the output of this function can help us figure out problems and answer questions.

> > cuff_data<-readCufflinks('D:\\AAA-Peng
> > Zhou\\R-3.0.1\\library\\AAAAAA')
> Error: could not find function "readCufflinks"

This might be simply that you haven't loaded the cummeRbund package, so try this first:

library(cummeRbund)

If that does not give an error, then try your readCuffLinks command again.

> > biocLite("readCufflinks")

biocLite() is the command for installing packages. So if cummeRbund is not installed, you can try this:

biocLite("cummeRbund")

> BioC_mirror: http://bioconductor.org
> Using Bioconductor version 2.12 (BiocInstaller 1.10.4), R version
> 3.0.1.
> Installing package(s) 'readCufflinks'
> Warning message:
> package ‘readCufflinks’ is not available (for R version 3.0.1)

That's because readCufflinks is a function, not a package.

So all of this should work:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("cummeRbund")
cuff_data<-readCufflinks('D:\\AAA-PengZhou\\R-3.0.1\\library\\AAAAAA')

Dan