[BioC] Fwd: GWASdata

Stephanie M. Gogarten sdmorris at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 16 17:15:22 CEST 2014

Hi Naomi,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was traveling.  The GWASdata
package was made for the sole purpose of running examples for the
GWASTools package, so I would be wary of using it for any other
purposes.  I think the Affy and Illumina data sets are not using the
same A/B coding scheme, so switching A and B for the entire data set
will not work - some SNPs will need to be flipped and some will not.
Unfortunately the Affy data does not have annotation for the alleles
used (I inherited the example data from someone else several years ago,
and it didn't come with annotation then).

The Illumina data does have allele annotation, so you could compare
those samples with 1000 genomes data if you want to investigate SNP
concordance methods.

Stephanie