[BioC] what is the difference between org.Hs.eg.dbGO2EG and org.Hs.eg.dbGO2ALLEGS?

Zhishi Wang wzhishi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:01:58 CEST 2014

Hi list,

I have a question about the difference between org.Hs.eg.dbGO2EG and org.Hs.eg.dbGO2ALLEGS. The user manual of org.Hs.eg.db says that GO2EG does not associate the child terms from the GO ontology with the gene. Only the directly evidenced terms are represented in GO2EG. But, for example, ‘GO:0000435’, which is in GO2EG, has three parents: GO:0000431, GO:0000411, GO:0000436. None of the three parents is in GO2EG (they are all included in GO2ALLEGS). So this is conflicted with the description given in the manual?

I want to know exactly how GO2EG choose terms. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Zhishi Wang