[BioC] Modify plot - genas function from LIMMA

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Tue Oct 15 17:05:06 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

The short answer is no. The longer answer is 'of course you can!'. And
thus is the nature of Open Source projects.

The only argument to genas() that pertains to plots is whether or not
you want one. The remaining code is all 'hard coded' within the
function, so you are unable to effect any changes on the results by
adding extra arguments to the function call.

However, you have access to the code, and can simply check it out of
the subversion repository, or if that sounds daunting you can always
just download the source package and work with that.

And then all you have to do (easy for me to say) is modify genas() to
your liking, and then install your modified package.

An alternative would be to make a really good argument to Gordon Smyth
for what you want to do, and hope that he buys your argument, and is
motivated enough to make the changes for you.

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.