[BioC] Summarized Experiments - Combine

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Mon Oct 7 17:55:29 CEST 2013

Hi Jose,

If the SummarizedExperiment objects have the same rowData you can use
cbind() to combine the data into a single SE object. This combines the
data in info() and assays() so the counts of each SE object end up in
the assays()$counts matrix as separate columns.

cmb <- cbind(SE1, SE2)

In this way you can create one SE object that holds all counts for the
different experiments. To sum the counts use rowSums() on the count matrix.

rowSums(assays(cmb)$counts)

Valerie