[BioC] Limma with homemade chip, multiple probes per gene, no replicates?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Nov 28 03:12:07 CET 2013

normalizeWithinArrays() produces an MA object.  You can plot the results
using

     plotMA(MA)

The M-values are the log2-fold changes.  Just select genes with
large M-values.  For example,

     o <- order(abs(MA$M),decreasing=TRUE)
     tab <- data.frame(MA$genes,A=MA$A,M=MA$M)
     tab[o[1:20],]

Best wishes
Gordon

Professor Gordon K Smyth,
Bioinformatics Division,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.
http://www.statsci.org/smyth