[BioC] help: goseq and makeOrgPackageFromNCBI in AnnotationForge

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Sat Nov 9 01:31:23 CET 2013

Hi,

So your 1st problem was caused by a small bug that I have now fixed (you
should be able to get the fix in a day or so). But the other problem is
much more serious. It's caused by the fact that there just isn't any GO
information available for your organism at NCBI OR at blast2GO. So for
that to work you are going to have to find some GO data. Alternatively,
you could use makeOrgPackage() directly and just make an organism
package from whatever data frames of annotation data it is that you have
available. There is a vignette here that you can look at for more
information:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/vignettes/AnnotationForge/inst/doc/MakingNewOrganismPackages.html

Marc