[BioC] DexSeq extracols option

Ioannis Vlachos iv at on.gr
Wed Jul 31 11:16:18 CEST 2013

Hello,

One small tip that I found out the hard way.

In DEXSeqHTML the results table [  results <- DEUresultTable(ecs)] is
rounded to the third digit prior to padj filtering.

Therefore, this might create discrepancies in nrows between the extraCols
data.frame and the result  table.

So the recipe for a successful extraCols data.frame has been changed to:

Get the results table-> round to the third digit-> filter with desired
p-value (or q value)-> get the required info from biomaRt or wherever-> keep
unique lines only and sort accordingly -> use as ecols dataframe

Cheers.

IV