[BioC] Suggestion - gene set enrichment of genes against BP and Disease gene sets

Atul Kakrana atulkakrana at outlook.com
Wed Jul 24 03:10:14 CEST 2013

Hi Everybody,

I need your suggestion for the package to use so as to perform gene set
enrichment analysis. I know the analysis directly relates to GSEAbase
package but I not sure its the right one for the analysis I have in my
mind. I need to make:
1. Heatmap of gene set enrichment of specifically enriched genes against
various biological process and diseases categories/gene sets
2. Heatmap of gene set enrichment of specifically enriched genes against
tissue specific gene sets

I have microarray data analyzed for 10 timepoints using 'affy' and
'limma'. The results have 'probeId's and 'Gene Symbols' as identifier.
My question is how do I approach and which
package should I use?

Thanks

AK