[BioC] IRanges is broken in Cygwin (mingw/math.h)

marco atzeri marco.atzeri at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:58:08 CEST 2013

Il 7/12/2013 2:38 PM, Enrico Ferrero ha scritto:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
> I'm not the author of the patch, Marco (CC'ed) is.
>
> I'm sorry if the patched package violates the license, it was actually
> just meant to be a quick way to test if the patch worked. I'm sure
> Marco will remove it asap.
>
> I'm not very familiar with Bioconductor development process, what does
> the patch being in devel mean? The update will be pushed soon to
> Bionductor 2.12 or it will only be part of Bioconductor's next release
> (2.13)?
>
> Thanks for the clarification!
> Best,

Michael,
just to be clear:  We are not violating the license.

See http://www.perlfoundation.org/artistic_license_2_0

at point 4 and 4a, the distribution of modified version is allowed.

Anyway, I have no interest what's so ever in distributing the package
itself.
I was just helping Enrico in my role cygwin package manager for R.

Regards
Marco