[BioC] ReadGappedAlignments and FindOverlaps

Eric Foss [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Sat Jul 6 01:05:42 CEST 2013

If I create a GRanges object from a bam file that has been read in using ReadGappedAlignments and then another GRanges object from a list of SNPs, I can use findOverlaps to find those reads that overlap the SNPs in question, but not all of these reads will contain the SNP in question. For example, if the SNP is in a deletion contained within the read, it will return this read even though the SNP is not in the read. Can I make it return only reads that not only overlap the SNP but actually contain the SNP?

Thank you.

Eric

 -- output of sessionInfo():

not relevant